Georgetown

The city of Elgin, Texas was created by the Houston and Texas Central Railroad in 1872 and named for Robert Morris Elgin, the railroad's land commissioner, following the practice of naming new railroad towns after officers of the company. The original plat placed the train depot in then center of a one-square mile area. The city of Elgin, Texas owes its existence to a major flood on the Colorado River in 1869. Originally, the railroad was to have run from McDade, ten miles east of Elgin, southwest to the Colorado River at a point somewhere between Bastrop and Webberville, then to Austin following the river.

For more Information about Georgetown: Click Here

Area Listings

Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS (alternatively, from ACTRIS). All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. The Austin Board of REALTORS, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Copyright © 2018 Austin Board of Realtors

Updated: 21st May, 2019 4:20 AM.